Gateway Church is a vibrant and dynamic church in the city of Warrnambool, on the Great South Coast of Victoria. It is a welcoming and family focused church intent on equipping and loving people on their road to becoming the people God has made them to be. Our passion is to see the city of Warrnambool transformed as more people encounter Jesus Christ.
We love seeing local people and churches coming together in the pursuit of this. Our services are passionate and powerful expressions of worship. The focus for us is encountering Jesus Christ, being led and transformed by the Holy Spirit, and learning from and implementing God’s word into our day-to-day lives.
Tim Smock is the Senior Pastor of Gateway Church. Together with his wife Elise and two boys Elliot and Austin, Tim, a Warrnambool local, is passionate about the power of the message of Jesus Christ to impact the city of Warrnambool. He believes in the hope that the local church brings in loving and serving the community.
JESUS CHRIST the Son of God and Saviour of the world, THE HOLY SPIRIT, THE WORD OF GOD, PRAYER,
WORSHIP, MINISTRY, LEADERSHIP, UNITY, GIVING, COMMUNITY, OUR HERITAGE as part of Churches of Christ in Victoria and Tasmania
– is relevant, powerful and passionate about making the name of Jesus Christ known
– teaches and resources people to live their day-to-day lives in relationship with Jesus Christ
– is home to the broken and the lost, with an open door and a friendly welcome
– brings together, and encourages and empowers other churches to accomplish their mission
– partners with families to strengthen relationships, and equips and empowers parents to love and lead their children
– challenges the social assumptions about church
We see a Church that:
– worships together with power and boldness led by the Holy Spirit
– is in strategic partnership and relationship with local leaders and organisations to better the city of Warrnambool and the southwest region
– is brave enough to hold a mirror up to itself and change where necessary
– is filled with people who care enough to share the good news of Jesus Christ over fences with neighbours and around tables with strangers
– is generous and strategic in its support of local and overseas mission
– is a light on a hill beckoning people to come home